Friday, January 2, 2009

Services: Weddings

Many wedding photographers can cost thousands of dollars, work on a tight schedule, and don't allow you to have digital copies of your photographs. Finding the right photographer for your wedding can be incredibly difficult, and it all depends on what you're looking for and what you can afford. If you're planning a small, intimate wedding, I may be the photographer for you. Wedding services are listed a la carte, so you can choose what works for you. Choosing all services will give you a 30% discount on session costs (not including CD and print orders).

Prints and albums are available to you and your family and friends via my store at Printroom, and digital CDs of all photographs are available directly from me. Your gallery can be password-protected upon request, so that only you and the people you allow can view and purchase items from the gallery.

Pre-Wedding Consultation
$50
Pre-Ceremony
$200
Ceremony
$300
Post-Ceremony Group Snapshots
$200
Post-Ceremony Artistic
$450
Reception
$200
Photo CD
$20 ea.
Prints
Available through printroom.com


Details of Services

Pre-Wedding Consultation
I would like to meet and get to know the couple prior to the wedding, in order to get an idea of what you want. At this consultation, we'll discuss the venue, the services you'd like to have, and the prospective cost. This meeting should last about an hour.

Pre-Ceremony
Photos prior to the wedding at the ceremony venue, usually of the bride and her mother, bridesmaids, the groomsmen, et cetera. These can be posed shots or candids. I prefer not to take photographs at the bride's home while she is getting ready. I have done this in the past and have found that there is so much going on that a photographer is very much in the way. There is a lot of stress and the photographer can really add to that. I recommend choosing a friend to take candid shots of people getting ready prior to going to the venue.

Ceremony
Photos of the ceremony itself. Prior to the ceremony I would like to agree on a location that will be my "vantage point". I understand that the ceremony is not all about the photos taken and therefore don't want to be moving around too much. I'd like to be in the way as little as possible.

Post-Ceremony Group Snapshots
Photos of family and friends with the couple. At the consultation, I will request a list of the groups that you'd like----I will need this list prior to the ceremony. This usually involves a lot of photographs being taken in a very short amount of time, all while rounding up large and varied groups of people. I may require an assistant or two to help gather people, and you might want to consider distributing a few copies of the photo list so people know the basics of what's going on and who's up next. I recommend that you block out at least an hour of time (depending on how many photos you want) if you choose this service.

Post-Ceremony Artistic
These are the "showcase" photos, usually of just the couple. I would like to work out some ideas for this session at the consultation----what kind of shots you're looking for, whether you'd like anyone else involved, how much time you'd like it to take. I recommend that you block out at least an hour of time if you choose this service. The photos will suffer if you're rushing from ceremony to reception.

Reception
Photos of the reception following the ceremony: first dances, cake cutting, speeches. It's very difficult to me to photograph receptions in low light. I prefer not to use a flash but will if necessary. At the consultation I would like to know what shots you think are particularly important. I will stay until all of those shots have been taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment